As I approach another birthday, this one’s on Friday the 13th this year (eek!), I wanted to take a moment to reflect on the past year and what I have learned.
22 Things I Learned At 22
- I learned that it is rarely, if ever helpful to take things personally.
- People are usually trying as hard as they can, they are usually doing their best, if someone is unkind to you, LET IT GO.
- Maintaining a healthy relationship is serious work, but so worth it
- On that note, having a puppy is also serious work and a substantial time commitment but also worth it. Aria brings so much happiness and light into my life and I am so lucky to have adopted her from the SPCA.
- There are no traditional pathways to success or fulfillment, once you graduate from college (Ivy, Competitive, Community College) – you get to decide where you go next
- No one cares what you do as much as you do, seriously, stop worrying.
- Work Hard.
- On the same note, set your boundaries with people and stick with them
- Even if you’re right, sometimes it’s better to just let it go, it’s probably not worth your time or frustrations
- I am proud of the person I am becoming.
- I am so thankful for Jordan.
- Jordan, my boyfriend, has made me a better person.
- He has taught me to think critically and carefully and to always ask for what I want
- “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for”
- Never underestimate how important it is not to burn bridges, seriously just be nice.
- Call your mother, she loves you and knows everything…
- Texting does not count as real communication or contact, if you love someone, call them occasionally
- Save money and save money often and save money early
- Take care of your body, drink water, go to sleep at a regular time, reduce your caffeine consumption.
- I have a love affair with coffee.
- I am too self-critical and often work too hard, but I have grown to like these characteristics in some situations, it makes me a better person
- Bet On Yourself.
Do you have any lessons you learned this year? Is there any advice that you live by?